Senior Devops Engineer Full-time Job4 months ago - DevOps Engineer - Ottawa - 149 views
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
We are looking for a Senior Devops Engineer to join our team in Ottawa, Canada. The engineer engages in both Engineering and Operations activities and delivers the final application to production. Exceptional knowledge of automation practices and software development skills are required so that operations can deploy and support our solutions with the highest quality.
- Support all application infrastructure to ensure our PaaS/IaaS platform is optimized for performance and reliability.
- Socialize designs with team and integrate suggestions and changes as appropriate.
- Implement code in a timely fashion and with high quality, consistent with standards for the group.
- Review other developers’ code as necessary.
- Unit test software components to ensure module-level functionality and data structure consistency.
- Provide documentation as appropriate including design documentation, comments in code and end-user documentation.
- Consult with other technical team members and management on industry best practices.
- Discuss and agree on the most innovative solutions applicable to our cloud services environment.
- Maintain and enhance internal tools.
- Provide input to improve scalability and reliability of infrastructure to our Automation Architects
- Deploy and assist with maintenance of automation technologies.
- Provide Level 2/3 Support to our Operations team for all automation technologies.
- Document all build and run procedures when implementing new automation technologies.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or 8+ years of professional work experience in a related field.
- 7 years experience delivering products utilizing Java, Python, or GO in large enterprise environments
- 5 years experience with supporting and deploying cloud based applications
- 5 years experience utilizing Linux and Window systems
- 5 years experience with REST APIs, micro-services development and deployment
- 5 years experience in Agile Environment
- 5 years experience in managing production systems on a very large scale
- Demonstrated working proficiency of Paas operationational concepts: like change management, on call rotations, escalations, uptime, etc...
- Experience working with virtualization: VMWare, HyperV, etc...
- Expertise with automation technologies (Ansible, Puppet, Chef...)
- Knowledge of PaaS technologies (CloudFoundry, Openshift, etc...)
- Experience with IaaS technologies (OpenStack, Azure Stack, etc...)
- Experience with Private hosting (Private datacenters, Rackspace, etc...)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Experience with Public cloud hosting (GCP and Azure)
- Experience in working with strong authentication solutions using OTP or identity management solution is a plus
- Ability to work in a geographically distributed company
- Collaboration and project management tools: Jira, Confluence, etc...
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Established in 1972, Thales in Canada has 1,800 employees in Quebec City, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver working in Defence, Avionics and Transportation markets. Thales in Canada is a 500 million (CAD) a year business, with a range of customers including Canadian and overseas urban rail operators, civil aviation, and defence and security agencies.